I read an article in the paper today about “12 Lessons They Don’t Teach you in School.” It was written by Harvey Mackay and really is written for most of the leaders I know. I wanted to make sure you didn’t miss it, so I will outline it for you:
1. You can’t do everything yourself.
2. You need to understand finance.
3. You don’t always get a second chance.
4. Your attitude is paramount.
5. Take your work seriously, but don’t take yourself too seriously.
6. Everyone smiles in the same language.
7. Your boss doesn’t have all of the answers.
8. You never really know it all.
9. You have to market yourself.
10. Beat rejection before it beats you.
11. Honesty is the best policy.
12. You don’t always get a trophy.
Let me add three more that I think are really important:
* God knows what He is doing.
* Your trust in God will define your leadership.
* People are very important!