QUESTIONS TO ANSWER:
- How do you decide what needs to get done?
- Are you as smart today as you will ever be?
- Do you find yourself saying “I ought to” more than “I must”?
- How do you handle failure, mistakes, criticism?
- Do you blame your failure on others?
- Do you know what needs to be done?
- Do you know how to make things happen?
- Why is it you can plan a message, yet fail to respond to an email?
- Why is it you can run a youth program, yet not lose weight?
- Why is it you can treat people well, yet neglect your wife?
Three keys to success:
- MOTIVATION—The reason for the action; that which gives purpose and direction to behavior; we did not understand his motivation; he acted with the best of motives.
- Why am I going to do it? ‘Should’…’Ought’…’Must’
- Where is my motivation to do this coming from?
- Am I willing to do what needs to be done to reach the goal?
Evaluation: Why am I doing this?
- STRATEGY—An elaborate and/or systematic plan of action.
- What needs to be done? Is anyone else doing it?
- What steps do I put in place to get it done?
- What about the time schedule and check points?
Evaluation: Did I plan well?
- PERSISTENCE—Persistent determination; continuing or repeating behavior.
- Do I have the passion necessary to reach this goal?
- Am I willing to do whatever has to be done?
- Do I learn from mistakes, failure, criticism…am I a learner?
Evaluation: Did I do my best?