What is your goal?
Do you have a goal?
Can you measure how you’re doing?
Do you know why you are doing what you are doing?
There is a reason you are doing what you are doing. That is your “purpose.”
6 Action Steps on Purpose
- ASK yourself why you are in leadership and if you are eager to continue in that role. Do you like it? Why?
- BE willing to ask others about your leadership skills and what abilities you need to work on. Ask for the negative as well as the positive comments.
- COMMUNICATE what your purpose is. Tell others what you want to happen and see if they support where you’re going.
- DISCIPLINE yourself to be a learner. Study, read, pray, ask questions, watch other leaders, figure out what you have to do to be a good leader. Never assume that you have arrived and are good enough.
- EVALUATE your purpose, your performance, your goals, your leadership, your motives on a regular basis. It would be great if you had a group of friends to help you do this.
- FINISH WELL. That has to be your overall purpose. Read how Paul evaluated his leadership in 2 Timothy 4:6-8.