“The world is a university and everyone in it is a teacher. Make sure when you wake up in the morning you go to school.” Bishop T.D. Jakes
We all get to a point where we think we “know it all”. When we get to that point, we spend more of our energy trying to “DO” and less of our time “LEARNING“.
We all need to be learners, all the time.
Here are 12 ways we all can keep learning:
- Identify people who you look up to, and spend time with them.
- Read books off both sides of the list: Fiction & Non-Fiction.
- Attend a seminar on something you’ve never studied before. Stretch yourself.
- Work on your memory.
- Dig out your old college or high school text books. Anything else in there you can learn?
- Download 1 podcast a week from someone you’ve never heard before.
- Read the local newspaper.
- Spend a couple of hours in a local library each week.
- Go to a museum.
- Visit a different neighborhood church from time to time.
- Listen to talk radio.
- Learn to ask lots of questions, then listen to the answers.
There is always something else to learn. Expand your horizon a little bit each day.