My friend, Wayne Pederson (www.hcjb.org), just sent me this note:
“I have this little list I’m working on. It represents the qualities or core values I desire to be true and consistent in my life. Mind you, I haven’t mastered these. They’re on the list because I’m working on them:
1. AUTHENTICITY: No faking it. To be true and authentic inside and out.
2. HUMILITY: Nothing’s as obnozious as arrogance. Humility is one of the most winsome traits a leader can have.
3. GRACE: God has shown me tons of grace. I need to cut some grace to those around me.
4. FOCUS: It’s easy to get distracted with mobile devices, internet, trivia. I need to keep the main thing, front and center. No multi-tasking.
5. MEASURED PACE: Rapid running from one thing to another is unproductive and unhealthy.
Matthew 11:28-30 (The Message)
“Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me – watch how i do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”
Ron Cline, USA 2012