I just ran across these everyday common sense statements that I’m trying to make as a part of my life and work:
1. Do the most important thing first in the morning and you’ll never have an unproductive day.
2. The more behaviors you intentionally make automatic in your life, the more you’ll get done.
3. Slow down. Speed is the enemy of everything that really matters.
4. The feeling of having enough is magical. It rarely depends on how much you’ve god. More is rarely better.
5. Do the right thing because it’s the right thing to do, and don’t expect anything in return.
6. Savor every moment – even the difficult ones because it all goes so fast.
The book of Ecclesiastes says, “There’s a time for everything and a season for every activity under the sun.”
Wayne Pederson (hcjbglobal.org)