It’s impossible to become a great leader without being a great communicator. So what are the marks of a great communicator?
1. Speak the truth. The listener can spot a phony.
2. Get personal. Connect with people on an emotional level.
3. Be specific and clear. Avoid ambiguity.
4. Listen with an open mind. Listening is an important communications tool.
5. Leave your ego at the door. Be humble.
6. Adapt your message to your audience. Know the needs and desires of your audience.
Jesus was the master communicator. He taught his followers to be clear, truthful and distinct. “Let your yes be yes. And your no be no,” he said. So, be sensitive to your listeners. Be a listener yourself. Start where your audience lives and tell stories.
-Wayne Pederson (hcjbglobal)