I have this little list I’m working on. It represents the qualities or core values I desire to be true and consistent in my life. Mind you, I haven’t mastered these. They’re on the list because I’m working on them.
1. Authenticity: No faking it. To be true and authentic inside and out.
2. Humility: Nothing’s as obnoxious as arrogance. Humility is one of the most winsome traits a leader can have.
3. Grace: God has shown me tons of grace. I need to cut some grace to those around me.
4. Focus: It’s easy to get distracted with mobile devices, Internet, trivia. I need to keep the main thing, front and center. No multi-tasking.
5. Measured Pace: Rapid running from one thing to another is unproductive and unhealthy.
Learn as Jesus said, “the unforced rhythms of grace.” [Matthew 11:28 – 30, The Message; Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson: http://www.biblegateway.com/versions/?action=getVersionInfo&vid=65
Authenticity. Humility. Grace. Focus. Measured Pace.
What’s on your list?
–Wayne Pederson (hcjbglobal)