We want to talk about what failing leaders do. These thoughts are written by Roxie Hewartson of Highland Group.
1. Leaders fail when they ignore others’ emotions and perspective. You can`t be a good leader without empathy.
2. Failed leaders miss key organizational clues and politics. They have, what could be called, “organizational blindness.”
3. They blame others for outcomes. Great leaders look “in the mirror” when things go wrong.
4. Weak leaders avoid dealing with conflict. No team can be functional without the ability to resolve conflicts.
5. Failing leaders isolate themselves. They`re lone wolves who think only they can do the job.
Well, I don’t want to be a failing leader, do you?
Paul told his protégé Timothy: “Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness.”
Wayne Pederson (HCJBGlobal)